Author Topic: post number 500 wins 10 bucks  (Read 32958 times)

olds45512

• Silver Level
post number 500 wins 10 bucks
« on: December 26, 2011, 16:06:41 »
Ok so here's the scoop, the person with the 500th post on this thread will receive 10 bucks from me via paypal. The rules are simple, back to back post are fine but you cant win with back to back posts and your posts must make sense(spam posts don't count and will be deleted). Just treat it like a general discussion forum and chit chat about whatever but keep it going. Have fun :)

poptart

• Gold Level
Re: post number 500 wins 10 bucks
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 16:42:55 »
I just wanted to say thank you guys for really sticking to the spammers latey,,,,,ill buy ugg boots and vitamins when I'm good and damn ready lol
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 18:21:32 »
I just wanted to say thank you guys for really sticking to the spammers latey,,,,,ill buy ugg boots and vitamins when I'm good and damn ready lol

Yea I hear that, im not sure why anybody would buy uggs because there the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 23:18:09 »
Id rather wear grocery bags on my feet lol actually thats kinda what they look like when i see them ill stick to my sperry's and air max
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 23:58:19 »
Ok so here's the scoop, the person with the 500th post on this thread will receive 10 bucks from me via paypal. The rules are simple, back to back post are fine but you cant win with back to back posts and your posts must make sense(spam posts don't count and will be deleted). Just treat it like a general discussion forum and chit chat about whatever but keep it going. Have fun :)

Thanks for encouraging members to get active.

Since this is just a chit chat thread, I hope you don't mind me changing gears on the thread. I'm curious about what everyone got for Christmas.

I got a couple little games - an Apples to Apples dice game, and then a party game similar to Wits & Wagers that is called Guesstimation. I also got the DVD of A Christmas Story... of course, that was after I had already rented the DVD from Netflix so that I could watch it with my family on Christmas Eve. The coolest thing, to me, was probably the gift that we got for my son - a "35 model" Erector Set - I helped my son build an Motorcycle on Christmas day. Yeah, that was definitely the coolest thing under the tree this year.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 00:02:23 »
i got slippers and a coat but my son made out like a bandit, i think i need to get a bigger house just to fit all his stuff in. lol

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 07:03:51 »
i had plenty of socks and shower gels my G/F bought me a enexpected present a CB setup CB amp swr meter small entenna and psu which has been good fun picking up alot after news year gonna go out get a 22ft 5/8 antenna for it should help to tx/rx more and my son is having fun with the new thundercats range sword tank figures
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:40 »

Thanks for encouraging members to get active.

Since this is just a chit chat thread, I hope you don't mind me changing gears on the thread. I'm curious about what everyone got for Christmas.

I got a couple little games - an Apples to Apples dice game, and then a party game similar to Wits & Wagers that is called Guesstimation. I also got the DVD of A Christmas Story... of course, that was after I had already rented the DVD from Netflix so that I could watch it with my family on Christmas Eve. The coolest thing, to me, was probably the gift that we got for my son - a "35 model" Erector Set - I helped my son build an Motorcycle on Christmas day. Yeah, that was definitely the coolest thing under the tree this year.

No problem, you guys can talk about whatever you want were just trying to get to 500

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 21:32:24 »
I got a new cell phone case, a Yankee Candle, a game "FACT OR CRAP" a Fossil Watch and Bartender stuff from my girlfriend and a wonderfully framed picture of my daughters.  It was a GOOD Christmas!!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 22:29:47 »
I got a PS3 game called Rocksmith. I got a new string put on my brothers old guitar in anticipation of the game. (my wife and I give gift suggestions to each other, usually just one thing we'd really like).
After playing one day my fingertips are so sore, typing is a hunt and peck, mainly with my pinky finger.
I spoke with a lifelong friend, he says I have to spend $40 and get it strobe tuned and all new strings.
                                *sigh*
I guess a rockstars life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 23:30:38 »
I didn't know there was a game where you used a REAL guitar. That sounds awesome! I've had an electric guitar just collecting dust for years. About a year ago I put some new strings on it and played it a couple times. I might have to look into that Rocksmith game.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 22:28:43 »
i had a great Christmas other than the fact my oldest daughter got her first email address for her itunes acct.for the ipod touch we got her,that just made me feel old lol,,anyways i got a really really nice citizen skyhawk watch and a nice Mont blanc long wallet a pair of my most fav shoes Sperry top siders lol,a few vintage tyco's and this stump jumper lol

hmmmmm what could it be?????

tada!!!!

i cant wait to get the time to go tear some sh*% up with it,she'll be running a venom racing 3 cell 5000mah 50c with 100c burst 11.1v of pure lipo power!!!!!,,,straight up ankle breaker lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 20:46:24 by poptart »
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 17:08:30 »
I hope this is a good year for everyone here and all your family's as well.
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 14:25:29 »
Turns out, guitar strings are only good for about 4 months. Mine are over 8 yrs old.
I've been playing for about a week straight, meaning about two hours a night each day for the last week.
I can play parts of six different songs now. There are 50 songs included with the game, three more Christmas themed songs free for download.
My friend has been playing guitar for about 9 months, he came over and really dug the Rocksmith game. The game is about $80 with a cord that plugs the guitar into the playstation.
I found out from my friend that sheet music is opposite the guitar strings, that is weird. So, I set up the game to have the notes shown as they are on sheet music, so instead of string #4 from the top of the guitar, its really number 4 from the bottom, just like sheet music. Makes playing the middle strings a bit complicated, but at least I'll be able to play sheet music easier, eventually.

Poptart, I'm really liking your gift, that thing looks like it rocks. Hope you get as much fun out of it as it looks like its capable of delivering.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 19:15:49 »
Rocksmith sounds cool. I read some reviews about it. I guess people have had a so-so reaction to the game. I'd like to try it out sometime though... my wife and I have talked about getting the Rock Band game before to have the drums, guitars, and vocals all in one game. Having a use for my real guitar though might be even better! ;)

In other news, we're planning on moving soon... within the next couple months anyway. We put down a deposit today for an apartment that is expected to be renovated by mid-February. It's closer to where I work. We could have gotten one that was not renovated immediately, but my wife liked the looks of the renovated places and even though it's a little more, it's probably going to be worth it. So... we'll be going through stuff in our house, selling, giving away, and trashing things that have been gathered up over the years in preparation of our move. A couple big items that I'll probably be getting rid of is my Weider weight system and our big (old CRT) TV.