Linked Events

• The Game of Thrones Event: August 26, 2012

Author Topic: The Game of Thrones Event  (Read 60079 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
The Game of Thrones Event
« on: May 25, 2012, 00:14:51 »
I think I'll start naming events after the primary game of the day. Our next game day we will be starting off with A Game Of Thrones: The Boardgame (Second Edition).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 00:33:20 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: The Game of Thrones Event
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 23:27:19 »
I will not be able to make it this Sunday.  Hope you guys still can though.  The GoT game looks pretty cool from what I've seen of it.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 23:33:05 »
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. So far, Phillip is coming over. (I think Vanessa will be coming over too.)  I found out on Wednesday that Charles has prior plans. Maybe I'll be able to convince the women to join me and Phillip for A Game Of Thrones because Haven't heard anything from Mac or the other Chris either.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:52:49 »
sorry i work that sunday

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:25:57 »
Reschedule for the 17th?

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 23:48:54 »
Just noticed the post today. Guess you didn't see me yesterday.

I'll try to be more in tune with the gaming days. Or you could call me and say, "Take a look at the forum."

:)

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:27:52 »
The 17th is Father's Day, so I might be out of town visiting my dad. How about the following Sunday, June 24th?

Mac, I did send a PM to you, which should have sent you an email notification. Sorry that I didn't think to call.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 18:54:07 »
My wife and kids have gotten a bit burned out having every weekend full for the past few weeks, so the 24th is the first day I can commit for The Game Of Thrones. I would like to have one or two big game events each month - otherwise I'll never get to play all the big games that I have within my lifetime. It sounds like Charles will be out for at least two weeks due to visitors anyway, so if I can get at least two guys to come and play then I'll probably host it that day.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 20:16:15 »
Mac, I did send a PM to you, which should have sent you an email notification. Sorry that I didn't think to call.
Actually, my last PM was from TylerChuit in April.
And yes, Charles, if I don't check the forums I'll need a reminder to go check them.
If a phone call is too much than I guess I know where I stand.

I'm busy the 24th, so.... I guess I'll wait for a phone call.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 22:19:42 »
Hey Mac, I'm sorry that you didn't get the message. I thought for sure that I had sent a PM to you in the middle of last week. I must have clicked away from it after composing the message. Anyway, I'll try to remember that a phone call is the best method to contact you. It's usually the tough for me because I never know when there is a good time to call. Usually when I think about calling it's too late in the evening for me to think that it's a good time.

Ok, so... I guess that leaves TylerChuit, The Unnamable and Phillip as potential gamers for that weekend. What do you say guys?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 22:24:48 by Dragon »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 13:22:59 »
I've had times when I didn't get onto the forum too, phone calls aren't my best method of contact, but then again, some days there is no good way to get in touch with me.

Can we use the forum for strengthening our friendships instead of tearing them down please?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 16:16:54 »
Sure thing Dragon.  8)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 21:16:32 »
Well guys, the Game of Thrones event still hasn't happened yet. June 24th fell through. So, when would you guys propose we do this? 

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 08:01:16 »
It's a little hectic for us right now.  Caralee is still recovering from surgery and has not been back to work yet.  We are hoping to get a normal routine going very soon (mid-July).

I would love to plan for the first weekend in August...if that works for everyone.  My attendance can be guaranteed, but Caralee's depends on whether she is working or not.

As gaming on the Sabbath doesn't work for Nathaniel and Fam, how about that Sunday, August 5th?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 22:38:00 »
I was hoping to get into it a little sooner while it's still a little fresh in my mind, preferably during July, but if that doesn't work out, it's understandable. I did talk with Phillip about coming over to play A Game of Thrones and he said that any Sunday during July or August except August 5th is good with him.

I did manage to get the first turn played with Blain and his son on the 4th, but that was as far as we got due to getting a late start on the game and the evening festivities that were planned for the holiday. The first turn actually didn't take long to get through, there were lots of delays and plenty of questions that I had to read about.