Author Topic: Game-a-thon... Raising money to help kids  (Read 4688 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Game-a-thon... Raising money to help kids
« on: October 31, 2015, 00:47:07 »
I hadn't ever noticed that there was a fund-raiser geared toward gamers. Not interested in joining a walk-a-thon? How about a game-a-thon? Check this out... An event is happening in Pinellas county next weekend! http://www.gamersontheedge.com/
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Game-a-thon... Raising money to help kids
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 23:10:13 »
Here's a photo from the event... the upper section of the image shows the massive game of "Are You A Werewolf?" which started at midnight. I was just off-camera to the left. In the bottom right, you can see me standing up over the left side of the table playing Carcassonne. I didn't win in either of those games, but I did manage to win the Atari tournament that I was in earlier that evening. We played Combat, Fishing Derby, Joust, Pole Position, and Donkey Kong. I was undefeated for each match that I was in!

Also, it was great to see that such a fun event was able to raise so much money to help out kids. Not only did they meet their goal for the event, but they nearly doubled it! Very cool!
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)