Author Topic: Avoiding common eBay scams  (Read 9706 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Avoiding common eBay scams
« on: October 25, 2016, 19:48:30 »
One member of our forum wrote an article about avoiding common eBay scams on his site. Although I'm much more of a board game collector than an R/C car collector right now, I'm sure that this article could apply to collecting any type of products. He has lots of articles about vintage R/C cars, so be sure to check out more of the site while you're over there... if you've arrived here looking for the R/C cars anyway, you'll probably find more of what you're looking for on his site.

How to avoid two common eBay scams https://rctoymemories.com/2016/10/16/how-to-avoid-two-common-ebay-scams/
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

R/C Toy Memories

• Bronze Level
    • R/C Toy Memories - A blog about my vintage R/C cars, toys & other stuff
Re: Avoiding common eBay scams
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 23:34:40 »
Thanks for sharing this here Dragon :)
And I hope you keep these forums online in future years. Even though the message rate is low, they are an excellent resource of information.
http://www.rctoymemories.com -  A blog about my vintage R/C cars, toys & other stuff

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Avoiding common eBay scams
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 23:43:43 »
:D I definitely plan to keep this site going. I actually have a bunch of old messages that I need to get imported into here. They are from my old message board and had lots more of the same.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)