Author Topic: Board Game Calendar Weekly Challenges  (Read 11363 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Board Game Calendar Weekly Challenges
« on: June 10, 2020, 21:00:34 »
My wife bought a calendar for me from BoardGameTables.com, which is a pretty cool weekly calendar with a challenge listed for each week.

Week 1 - Play a game you received for Christmas. [✓] We played EcoSystem.
Week 2 - Play a game without talking.
Week 3 - Play a game with someone new.
Week 4 - Play one more game after you think it's time to go to bed.
Week 5 - Play an old game with a new strategy.
Week 6 - Play a game halfway through, then switch sides.
Week 7 - Play a game that has no luck.
Week 8 - Play a game with your neighbors.
Week 9 - Play a dexterity game with your non-dominant hand.
Week 10 - Play a card game.
Week 11 - Play the game you have owned the longest.
Week 12 - Play a game counter-clockwise instead of clockwise.
Week 13 - Play a game that you think you will lose.
Week 14 - Play a game with a lot of dice.
Week 15 - Play the game you own with the longest name.
Week 16 - Play a game in the Top Ten on BoardGameGeek. (https://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgame)
Week 17 - Play a game without reading or knowing the rules.
Week 18 - Play a game three times: back to back to back.
Week 19 - Play a cooperative game. [✓] We played Hanabi.
Week 20 - Play the game you own with the shortest name. [✓] We played QE.
Week 21 - Play a game ranked outside of the Top 100 on BoardGameGeek. [✓] We played Hounded.
Week 22 - Play a game you bought at a thrift store. [✓] We played Othello.
Week 23 - Play a game that takes four hours or longer.
Week 24 - Play a game with at least eight players.

Are you able to complete the weekly challenge?

By the way, if you want to play the 2/3 guessing game for a chance to win a free game from them, go to https://boardgametablesdotcom.typeform.com/to/KvUczO today.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 17:20:14 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: Board Game Calendar Weekly Challenges
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 19:42:30 »
Who's up for the next weekly challenge? Did anyone complete last week's?

Week 25 - Play a game that you think you will win.

Personally, I have a lot of games in my collection that I could play to complete that challenge, but I'll list a few that wouldn't work for me - meaning, I think there is a better chance of me losing than winning. A few that come to mind are Acquire, which we played just last night and I had the worst score, Agricola, which we played for a few weekends in a row and I only won once, and Boggle, which I probably spend as much time looking up words during scoring to verify whether they are actually words as I do writing them down.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 13:12:22 »
Week 25 - Play a game you think you will win. [✓] We played Citadels.

Week 26 - Play your favorite game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 20:38:29 »
Week 27 - Design a game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 20:20:13 »
Week 27 - Design a game. [✓] After playing Solomon's Temple for the first time, and probably only time I ever will with the original rules, I've completely rewritten the game.

Week 28 - Play a children's game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 18:41:30 »
Week 28 - Play a children's game. [✓] We played Roller Coast Tycoon Board Game

Week 29 - Play a game that someone else wants to play. [✓] We played Agricola

Sorry, I missed updating this thread last week. Here's the challenge for this week:

Week 30 - Use modified rules to play a game you think is broken.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 20:31:39 »
Week 30 - Use modified rules to play a game you think is broken. [✓] We played Solomon's Temple with my new rules. Much better. I'm going to write them up and I think I'll even submit it to the original game publisher as an idea.

Week 31 - Play a game you designed.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 19:00:33 »
Week 32 - Play a game you think you'll hate.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 19:29:00 »
Week 33 - Play a game ranked outside of the top 1000 on BoardGameGeek.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 00:19:03 »
Week 34 - Play an abstract game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 16:27:54 »
Week 35 - Play a game based on a sport.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 12:46:27 »
Week 36 - Play a space exploration game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 19:57:06 »
Week 37 - Play a board game on a phone or tablet.

(I play Conquest Online, here at dragonshobbies.com, and games on BoardGameArena quite a bit and haven't ever counted any of them for these challenges, so I think in this case, I'll personally only check off this challenge if I play it in real-time or using Hot Seat mode with one of my kids. I do have one board game that I only own in digital format - Dungeon Heroes. That one is best in Hot Seat mode anyway.)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 21:18:04 »
Week 37 - Play a board game on a phone or tablet.  [✓] We played Logger (on BoardGameArena - hotseat mode)

Week 38 - Play a war game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 22:15:18 »
Week 39 - Play a game that was published within the last year.