Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica / Last Starfighter FASA Games  (Read 4742 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Battlestar Galactica / Last Starfighter FASA Games
« on: February 17, 2010, 14:55:06 »
Thanks again, btw for the awesome games.  :D  I'm definately psyched about TLS.  I love the flight mechanics, and it looks like these ships actually have more guns than the BSG version. :)  I haven't looked at the 1-2 player one yet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:39:09 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 17:52:26 »
You're welcome. I'm definitely interested in checking out The Last Starfighter game and comparing it to BattleStar Galactica. (BSG is another game that in the past I've thought about trying to make a web version of.) Are there different factions in TLS, or is everyone the same kind of fighter?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:36:38 »
Well, as any true fan of Last Starfighter could tell you... ::) ... the two factions are the Star League and the Ko'dan Armada.  Of course, I read that out of the instruction manual.  On preliminary inspection, there only appears to be one type of Star League ship (the last one), but with possibly different weapons loadouts.  The Ko'dan have two types: the regular fighter, and the swarm ships that come in groups, but can be destroyed in one hit.

I'll break this off into its own thread so we can keep discussing it, but I will say that the thought of you making the BSG game online was something I was thinking about too.  I don't know how much effort you've put into Scotland Yard so far, but if BSG might be something you'd prefer, I'd be willing to switch my incentive offer to that instead.  :)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Battlestar Galactica / Last Starfighter FASA Games
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:08:53 »
The incentive offer is not necessary. A kind thought, but not necessary, especially since you already help keep the site alive with hosting and, if I remember correctly, part of the reason you did that was to make room for the online games.

I think that BSG/TLS would be harder to do though and although I haven't done any coding for Scotland Yard yet, I have been working on the flowcharts and layout design. I envision BSG/TLS needing to use some algebra for targetting that I'm familiar with but haven't used in a while so I'd rather stick with SY for now to get back into the swing of building a game system. This one is already going to be built quite a bit differently from the old Conquest game, regardless of if I get into Flash with it. 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
Re: Battlestar Galactica / Last Starfighter FASA Games
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 14:22:20 »
Incentive was the wrong word, and I apologize for throwing that in there.  I made an offer for a job, you accepted the offer, and I fully intend to follow through.  You have plenty of things to keep you busy during the day.  I made the "incentive" comment as more of a justification for spending time on the project.