Author Topic: Monopoly City  (Read 4788 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Monopoly City
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:29:44 »
Erik Arneson, the Board Games Guide at About.com got a photo of the upcoming Monopoly City. According to his article, Hasbro at the 2009 American International Toy Fair, there will be "more than 80 plastic structures available to players, including industrial blocks, stadiums, skyscrapers and parks" and  "you can negatively impact other players' property values by building undesirable structures nearby." What do you think of the changes? 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Monopoly City
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 13:58:27 »
It looks promising.  I've never been a fan of the original game, or any of its spin-offs with the possible exception of Spaceopoly (or whatever it was called).  I am a fan of Sim City however, and the setup of this board looks like it might be an amalgamation of the two concepts.

If that is in fact the case, I'd definately be willing to give it a try.  My one disappointment already is that when I saw the title of the post, I was imagining more "streets" to give you more movement options, but I am willing to reserve judgement untill I see more on the game.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Monopoly City
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 19:29:44 »
Sounds like something I would like!